Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting Motivated


Okay, most of y'all know that Jim has a new job. So that means 7 years of Phelps County stuff is out of my house! I am so excited! I am trying to go threw our "office" and get it all out. All the uniforms, paperwork and somehow we have 3 laptops that don't work. I am trying to get the room organized, again, and cleaned out so that we can take the bed out of Bailee's room and put it in here. So that when my mom comes to visit she has a room to herself and get a toy box for Bailee's room. I have also made a new rule for the house 'NO POLICE WORK IN OUR HOUSE'. This is going to be hard to enforce, but I am going to try to stop it before it gets out of hand.

I have also realized that I want to start sewing again. I know this might be a shock to some people, but I loved sewing. I love looking and feeling fabric. I wish I was better at it. I plan on getting my machine fixed and start a quilt top in January. I realized that I need something to do in the evening after Bailee is asleep. I have about 2-3 hours of down time and I am bored. And when I am bored I graze, which is not good. By the way I didn't lose or gain any weight during the holiday! Yea me!

I hope to have the room completed by this weekend. And no I didn't take any before or after pictures.

5 comments:

Bld424 said...

I love looking at fabric, too. I don't know how to sew, so I don't have much to do with it.

My mom really respected the job your husband did for the elementary school!

Nel said...

I would like to take up sewing... some day when I have room for it. I love quilts and blankets - the personalized ones!

kimberly said...

Thanks for the nice words. I know that he is going to miss the schools, but he is still going to do DARE this year. So she should see him around in the spring.

Chrissy said...

YOU SEW??? Man, I've lived across the street from you for 4.5 years and NOW you tell me?? ;o)

kimberly said...

My dirty little secret is now out!