Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Strangers at the Diner

I have to drive through downtown to get to the babysitters house. And every morning I always look inside the Diner.

I am not sure why I do this. I think maybe it would be nice to stop in and get a hot breakfast fixed for me or that I am just nosy to see who is there.

Anyways, I notice this one couple, they always sit in the non-smoking section man on the left the woman on the right. They are there every weekday. I wonder if they order the same thing every morning? I wonder what they talk about or if they even need to talk? I wonder what the rest of there day is like? For some reason I am fascinated by this couple.

Sometimes I think what it will be like when Jim and I are older and retired. Will we have "our" table at the Diner. What will our life be like?

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I hope Josh and I have a table at McDonald's...LOL! ;o)

kimberly said...

Thanks for the laugh I needed that!

Nel said...

Chrissy you crack me up!!!

But I have often hoped that Corey and I had a table at a diner :) However I hope we have conversation to talk about, our kids and grandkids :)

And depending on the couple you see - I might be able to tell you what they eat and drink everyday, most couples like that drink and eat the same thing every morning... after you wait on them a couple times you just know what to get them :)

Tina said...

NEl - I was going to say that! If you pointed them out I may have waited on them @ the restaurant for 5 flippin' years and I could tell you what they eat / drink for every meal!!! LOL!!!

Tina said...

P.S. when I see people eating out every day I am envious of all the $$$ they must have to eat out every day - and I often think of other things I would like to spend that money on !

But if you and Jim have a table I may be a frequent coffee drinking visitor!