Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creating Memories



As some of y'all might remember I had an Easter Egg tree last year. And I will be doing another one this year. My mom had always made them when my brother and I were little and I have vivid memories of that. I want to do the same for Bailee. I am not going to go crazy and decorate the whole house for every season or holiday, but I want Bailee to remember that for Easter mom and I made the tree.

So I have been thinking about Valentine's Day. I didn't want to do a whole lot but a little something that would last the whole month of February. I remember a magazine article with this idea and thought, I can so do that! And I did! The article was for Easter and they used jellybeans, so I thought I would do one with candy hearts. I plan on getting something for then inside vase, Wal-Mart had some really cute lollipops. I wasn't going to use candy hearts at first, because I don't like them. I was going to get Hershy's Kisses or Valentine M&M's, but a wise friend reminded me that I would eat them and have nothing in there when Valentine's Day actually came. I knew she was right.

I just hope that when Bailee becomes a mom, she can look back and remember the little things I did.

2 comments:

Nel said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE it! How fun, and what a cool mom!

Tina said...

when you are done with those hearts - Ry and I LOVE them ;o)