Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Snow Experiences

The first snow I ever saw was when I was around 10. It actually snow in South Texas. You would have thought that the world had stopped. Everything had closed and I mean everything, nothing was open not even Wal-Mart. My brother and I made a pathetic snow man. My mom made us go inside every 15 minutes so we wouldn't freeze to death.

So then when I was in High School our Church Youth Group took our annual ski trip to Colorado. It was the last full day of skiing. I was coming down the mountain and was going a little too fast and hit a icy patch. So, I went down the mountain on the left side of my face. I ended up going to the emergency room, having x-rays on my face. I didn't break anything but I ended up with a concussion, scratched face and a black eye. I remember being the last person off the bus and my mom just stood there and laughed at me.

When I moved to Missouri, I realized that life goes on when it is snowing and you have to go to work.

No comments: