Wednesday, January 7, 2009

9:37 Tuesday

Okay so Jim has been talking about getting rid of Direct Tv{Cable}. I was really okay with it. Yes I have a handful of shows that I will miss, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Biggest Loser, and my favorite show Friday Night Lights. Direct TV has already airing new episodes of FNL and NBC was going to start airing them starting the new year. So he finally did it. We really can't afford it right now and it was the easiest bill to get rid of. So last night as I was trying to fall asleep, watching Nick at Night, I know laugh it up but it puts me to sleep, the TV went blank. At that moment I was sad but kind of relieved. Now I really have no excuses to not get stuff done. I would sit in front of the boob tube, as my father would say, and watch to be watching. I plan on doing a lot of cleaning out my house and getting ready for the garage sale, reading, and listening to the radio. I kind of want to start a craft project so I plan on digging in my unfinished craft tote to find one. I am really excited that Jim no longer has the excuse of I'll do it later, I am watching the game. So if any of you have any good suggestion on books let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about getting rid of cable. So you are surviving, huh? :o)

kimberly said...

Yeah, but the weekends are really hard since we are inside most of the time. We are watching the DVDs that we have to pass some of the time.

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! You know I am a HUGE book dork. :) My suggestions thus far:
Any book by Jodi Picoult, but especially:
My Sister's Keeper
The Pact
Nineteen Minutes
Vanishing Acts
Harvesting the Heart
I have read most of her books and most are wonderful, some are just easy reads.
I would also recommend reading the Twilight saga...I know, I know...Vampires. I thought the same thing. Kris actually bought me the first book because it was on sale for $5 at the checkout station. The only reason I actually opened it was because I was in-between books and waiting on my order to arrive (I buy them from Amazon). I could NOT put this book down and have read all four and am anticipating the fifth to come out. Now I'm currently reading Freakanomics and Virgin Suicides.