Monday, January 12, 2009

Forks in the Road

Do you ever imagine what your life would be like if you took a different fork in the road? Let me explain. I wonder sometimes what would my life be like if I never took a job with Anderson. Where would I be? I was offered a territory in Missouri and I have no idea why I said yes, but I did. I didn't know anyone there, had no family with me, and it is cold in the winter. I am not big on change, and this was a life altering change. Sometimes I wonder what in the world was I thinking? When I was asked to move I really don't remember thinking about it too long. I looked on a map and said I will be there in 2 weeks. I remember my Mom and I packing up her car with my cloths and my Dad waving goodbye. We decided to take two days in getting there. I remember crossing in Missouri and thinking there is no turning back now. I got an apartment and then I had to fly to Alabama to get my company car. I look back on that adventure and think, did I really do that? I flew out of Springfield, Mo. to Birmingham, Al. and drove back by myself to Rolla, Mo all in one day. I had never driven out of the state of Texas before, so I was so nervous. And of course that night it poured down rain, I had never held on to a steering wheel so tight. I finally made it home in the early morning hours.

I sometimes wonder where did that independent, go-get-them and nothing is going to stop me person go? I am not saying that I regret my decisions in life I just wonder what if I would have taken a different path where would I be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wouldn't have some of the best things in life that you now have. I hope you agree.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about such things makes my brain hurt! :o) I have pondered "what if" before...thinking about where I would be and who I would be. But I am where I am now for a reason, whatever reason God had in mind! But I understand what you're saying!

kimberly said...

Thanks
I am not upset with my life, I just wonder...