Friday, October 2, 2009

New Friends

Even though I have lived here almost 15 years, I felt like I don't fit in, in this town. I didn't grow up here or around here so I am not in the loop with who is who. I go to the store and people say hello or give me a dirty look because of who my husband is even though I have no clue who they are.

Lately I have been feeling in the loop. I love the fact that my neighbor can call me and ask for milk. Or that I can call another neighbor about an issue with a bill and complain about it. And ask someone to go to Target with me. I haven't felt like this in a very long time. I have not had any close friends since I moved here, until this past couple of years. And I really love and cherish all of these friendships I have gained in the last year. Most of them have come to know more through the blogging world, church and school.

So basically with out getting all mushy, I just want to say thanks for welcoming me into your lives, it means more than you will ever know!




3 comments:

Bld424 said...

I feel so happy for you! Having buddies in town - not BFFs, just great pals to do ordinary things with - is the best. Oh, BFFs are great, too, and can live in any city and still be close, but having people in close proximity is so important.

Tina said...

That's what we are here for.... ;o)

AND - you are not the only one calling today to ask questions (not about the same things) but I got 3 phone calls with random off the wall questions...... weird .... but a good weird ;o)

Chrissy said...

Aww...and thanks for the milk! :o) And cookies...and Sonic for my kids...and letting me vent about...umm...well, you know...and picking up an iced coffee for me...and seeing me on Mondays at Wal-Mart...LOL! I was thinking the same thing, Kim. And I can't believe I've lived across the street from you for 4 years and am just now getting to know you. But I'm glad I am now.

Mushy stuff is great! :o)