Sunday, October 4, 2009

A touchy subject...

It is a special gift to be able to view the world through the eyes of a Child
Unknown



I read this quote the other night and thought about all those children that we won't be able to view the world through there eyes. What would they have looked like, what type of child would have they been or what joy they would have brought to someone. If I had ever gotten pregnant I would never be able to abort a child, but I do feel that there should be a safe place for mothers to go for medical reasons. Bailee could have been one of those children and I Thank God everyday that she is mine. I want to scream from the tallest building and tell these women not to do it. Go through the pregnancy and give that child to a loving home. I am sure it is the hardest thing to do, to give up a child, but I can't imagine the guilt and loss you would have to live with for the rest of your life if you went through the abortion. Adoption is hard as well but the outcome is the greatest reward, you are giving your child an opportunity to live and to experience life.

Life is a precious thing!



3 comments:

Nel said...

I agree whole heartedly! I am so very glad that you have Bailee in your life. She is so very lucky to have you as a mommy!!!!

Chrissy said...

I believe "medical reasons" is too generalized. I believe doctors convince women to abort when things aren't just perfect, and it makes me sad. I've read blog after blog about women who had pregnancies when they knew they baby would not survive, and they always explain that the doctors first response was to terminate. Like this site for example http://stringofpearlsonline.org/ which tries to give support and hope to women in these circumstances.

Sorry...I know that wasn't the main focus of your blog. Yes, I wish more women would opt for adoption rather than abortion. Life is important, no matter what the condition of the baby...and no matter what condition the mother is in (too young, too poor, etc).

Ashley said...

I just posted a video dealing with this subject! :0) I can't imagine not having Bailee in my life!!