Friday, October 16, 2009

My Moment

I have had a nagging feeling about Bailee's adoption. I have the court orders saying that the adoption was final, sign by the Judge and the clerk, but I still didn't feel like everything was in order. I don't have much confidence that the government would file the paperwork correctly.

I have been trying to get ready for Tax Time, since our computer crashed so went all the documentation of the money we spent for the adoption. So I was going through paperwork and found the Birth Certificate Application. I have always known that I needed to get her Birth Certificate but I thought they would send it to me. Well they didn't. And I have been scared to get it. I am afraid that they would tell me that the adoption was incomplete or something along those lines. But I faced my fear on Wednesday! I went to the Health Dept. and asked for it and they gave it to me. No problems or fear or stress. They said here you go and that is $15. (thank goodness I had some cash on me that day)

As I left the office waiting to get on the elevator I got so emotional. There it was in black and white. Mother-Kimberly Vorpahl of Bailee Grace. Yes, I cried.

I finally have come to peace that she is mine. I have the last document in my hands and no one can tell me differently. I know that there won't be a knock on the door asking us to hand her over or them taking us to jail because we kidnapped her. I am at peace.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awww...yay! :o) I'm sorry that you had those feelings. But I'm glad that you have peace now!

Nel said...

I can only imagine the emotions that you went through... You are a very strong person! And I am so thrilled that you have all the papers and feel at peace about it. Congrats!

Tina said...

She is one lucky little girl!!!

I saw your hubby running today! On my way back from Sonic, which is the saddest part of my day!!!

But really this comment is about how happy I am that you are Bailee's mommy - and I am sure she is pretty happy too!!!!

kimberly said...

Tina-was seeing my husband the saddest part or you going to sonic the saddest part?

Tina said...

LOL- no not seeing your husband!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
He was funny - just running away!
What's up with that????

Sonic was sad - I went after a root beer float and I dropped it coming in the door, I am over it now, but I whined about it for about a day - and didn't want to get the kids back out!

BTW- I love that you are back blogging ;o)
Your posts make me smile!!!
May I request more Texas culture lessons??? Cause your mum things are weird! (almost as weird as MO schools not having air conditioning) What other weird stuff do you have down there?