Sunday, October 18, 2009

"first things first"- I loved this book

I have a habit when I go to a store with books, I always have to go see what they have. Not that I am this big reader type, I just like to look what is out there. This is probably due to the fact that I stocked and I am still stocking books for a living.

Anyways, a few months back I noticed a book by Kurt Warner. He used to be the quarterback for the Rams. Being that my husband is a huge Rams fan I picked it up. I thought it was another autobiography, but to my surprise it isn't. In the liner notes it says, "First Things First is an intimate, no-holds-barred look at life inside the crazed and chaotic Warner household." From what I have read or seen on T.V. about Kurt Warner he is a class act. He is what every athlete and man should strive to be. So I put the book down and thought maybe one of these days I will get it.

I know that some of y'all have doubts about the library not having current titles, but I love our library. I save a ton of money, not having to buy all the magazines that I like. So every time I go I check out the 'what's new section' and they had the book. So I checked it out. It is about there values and how they raise there children. They have rules, which I agree with most of them.

Rules for Being a Warner Daughter or Son.

1. Everyone has to agree on which strangers’ meal to pay for when dining at a restaurant.(This one I would love to be able to do, but going out to eat is rare treat for us right now, but maybe one day)

2. At dinner, share the favorite part of your day.

3. Hold hands and pray before every meal.

4. After ordering at a restaurant, be able to tell Mom the server’s eye color.

5. Throw away your trash at the movie theater and stack plates for the server at restaurants.

6. Spend one hour at an art museum when on the road.

7. Hold hands with a sibling for 10 minutes if you can’t get along.

8. If you can’t get along holding hands, sit cheek to cheek. (If you can’t get along cheek to cheek, then it’s lips to lips!)

I know that some of y'all aren't big reader but really this book is an easy read, it took me 3 days and I am a slow reader. I plan on buying the book so I can refer back to it. If you do read it I would love to hear what y'all have to say. And hear your opinions about some of there rules.



2 comments:

Tina said...

I missed this post!!!
I WOULD LOVE to read this book - and anyone who knows my mom, brother, husband, etc, might mention it would be a GREAT Christmas present!
You are right Warner is A GREAT Guy!
If only more people knew the stuff he did/still does for the STL area!!!

I loved him on the Rams - and I still wear his jersey every Sunday (I won't get a new one until this one falls apart - or the rams move to LA)

I am so glad you found a good read!!!

Tina said...

And thanks for sharing - I had no idea the book was out there