Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9, 2010

So another birthday has come and gone. But this year was different for a couple of reasons.

I gave myself a Birthday Party. I asked a couple of friends to go with me to the Blue Beagle in Rolla and for pie afterwards. I haven't been out with friends in a very long time. We had a great time. For those who don't know the Blue Beagle is a paint your own ceramics store. They had some really great pieces, I paints 3 small plates. I wanted to start out small, because I am not an artist. But now I wish I would have done another piece, oh well guess I will be going back. After, we left the BB we went to Slice of Pie. Now for those that aren't in the area, I am sorry. Because you are missing the best pie ever! Thank goodness they didn't run out of French Silk. I really had a great time, sitting there chatting about everything under the sun. And enjoying the company of friends. I really hope that we can do this on a more regular basis.

This year I weigh less than I did last year. This has never ever happen to me. It is a good feeling, however I am still not satisfied and lets face it I never will be. I did run twice this week and I feel pretty good about it. I realized that as much as I hate the act of doing it I so enjoy the after effect it has on me. And the fact the cool shower afterwards is so relaxing. I was going to run this morning but it is raining so I guess I will be back at it Monday. I am excited to say the my husband is starting to run again. I think I finally got to him! About time I was starting to give up. Having him on board keeps me going, because I am not ever going to be the bigger one in this marriage.

Well, I hope that everyone had a great week and has a terrific weekend! By the way, for those who live in town, go to the farmers market and get some Amish sourdough bread. OMG! Jim went last week and got some, he will be going back this week and every week. And you are helping out local people! It is a good thing. (Had a Martha Stewart moment)

1 comment:

Nel said...

Glad you had a good birthday! So sorry I couldn't make it...
I will have to hit up the Farmers Market -I always wonder what all they have over there, I haven't looked yet this year!