Saturday, April 3, 2010

Going to the Airport

Well, my friends I am back from Texas and I am proud to say that I didn't lose Bailee in the airport! I had a great time in Texas and I think Bailee did too.

So as many of y'all know that I have this fear of losing Bailee. And I went back and forth about driving and flying because of it. I decided to fly due to pressures from my mom and Jim's mom.

Jim took Bailee and I to the airport, that way he had the car while I was gone and I didn't have to luge my luggage and Bailee from long-term parking to the terminal. Our plane took off around 4:30 in the afternoon, which I thought great, she can take a nap while we drive to the airport and she will be a well rested happy little girl! Nope she didn't sleep at all.

Jim dropped us off at the terminal and we are off on our adventure. I took a deep breathe and said to myself I can do this. I get to the doors with two suit cases, Bailee and my purse. Oh wait my phone! Luckily Jim saw before he left, so I left my bags in the door way and ran back to get my phone. Okay, back to my bags before the bomb sniffing dogs are called in. I did another check Bailee, 2 suitcases, and my purse! Great, now to the ticket line to get Bailee's ticket. I had to bring her birth-certificate with me to prove her age so she could fly free.

While I am in line I notice this woman with a bag that has a dog in it. Bailee loves animals, really she hugs, pets, and kisses them! I could see the dog but couldn't tell what kind of dog it was, and tried to show Bailee but I don't think she really saw it. Then all of a sudden a man is behind me taps me on the arm and starts going on and on about how beautiful my daughter is. And saying that "mom you are going to have your hands full, what are you going to do when she gets older"I mean this man kept saying this over and over, and I don't get creeped out very often, but he really scared me. I finally get called up to get our tickets and we are off! (Praying that the guy behind me is not going where I am going!)

Bailee and I get in line to go through security and this is where I kind of get anxious. I had lost a wallet once in the security section before. I took off my and Bailee's shoes and put everything in the tub. I put on the monkey backpack that has a long tail so that she can walk and I still have a hold on her. (Let me tell ya, that was the biggest life saver for me. Thanks Ashley!) We find our gate and the lady that had the dog in the bag in the ticket line was at our gate. So I took Bailee there to see the dog, she hugged, petted, and kissed the dog until we had to get in line. Bailee at this point had done great. No meltdowns! I am feeling pretty confident at this point. And then it happen!

A lady had gotten off the plane that we where going to get on and she had a seeing eye dog. Well Bailee saw this golden retriever and wanted that dog! I picked her up and she started to have the biggest fit I had every seen. She started hitting me, screaming, and finally wiggled out of my arms to threw herself on the ground. All the while, everyone else that is getting on the plane with us is staring. (Thinking great, a screaming kid for 3 hours!) But as soon as they called for the pre-boarders she had calmed down. And was great the rest of the trip. Bailee loved flying and her ears didn't bother her at all. We had to change planes in Dallas, which was great, gave Bailee a chance to walk for a little while. The trip from Dallas to San Antonio is about an hour. Bailee did finally crash 10 minutes before landing.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yea! Sounds like a very successful trip down! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it. Did you get my message the other day?