Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today I celebrate 12 years with my husband, Jim. And I have to admit this year I feel that our marriage has grown and gotten stronger this year than any other year. And I am sure that going into our 12th year together we will have rough days or weeks, but I know that with everything we have been through we can make it to the other side.

We went to church this morning and it was very emotional. My dear friend, Grandma Wanda wasn't there, but her whole family was. I could only imagine the huge smile that is on Grandma Wanda's face, knowing how proud she would have been seeing everyone there. As some of y'all know that Grandma Wanda was not my grandmother, but my friends Ashley's G-ma. I have always just called her Grandma Wanda. I have so many wonderful memories, words of encouragement from her and laughter. I remember the first time we went to church with Bailee and how she held her. And told me what a great mom I was and how beautiful my family is. We would always sit and talk before church, telling me about her past, the cute things Hunter and Graysen said that week or we just sat there looking at the alter. She has a very special place in my heart. She will be truly missed.

4 comments:

Nel said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
You do have a beautiful family :o)

And Grandma Wanda will be greatly missed, she was an amazing lady and held a special place in many peoples hearts... But she is in a much better place now - I am sure it's not raining there ;o)

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary -
And I agree- weird for her not to be in church!
She will be missed!

Ashley said...

Kim, I didn't know today was your anniversary! I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy anniversary this morning! Congratulations on 12 years. :0)

Thank you for being such a good friend, so supportive through acts of kindness, words, and prayers. You are truly appreciated.

Ash

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary Kim!

I never got the chance to meet Ashley's Grandma, but she sounded like a really special lady!