Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Lift to my Day

I have not lost a ton of weight, but I have lost 15lbs. Which you would think I would be in a smaller size? Right?

I was at work and I was thinking about my trip to Texas and how I am in need of some shorts for running and capri pants. So they had some really cute capri pants, so I tried some on. Thinking that I should not have to get anything with a 'W' behind the number, I confidently got the size that I thought I should be. I thought the size I got wasn't unrealistic, I have gotten things in this size before. So I go to the dressing room and to my horror they didn't fit. I could have cried! And I mean the ugly cry! I am still upset about it. I didn't get the capri pants because I couldn't go up in another size, not because I am vain because they don't make them that high in the misses section. I did get some short for running and some shirts. (yes they have a 'W' on the tag)

For those who can walk into any store and pick things off the rack, I am very jealous. I hate the fact that I can't go into Macy's and find things that are stylish and cute in my size. No I have to go to the next floor up! Yes there is a 3rd floor. Have you ever been up there? It is laughable! Really. Next time you go to the mall go to the plus section and try to fine a cute outfit! I dare you!

So I get home, still in a crappy mood and what is in my mail box? A card from Bethany! She sent me 2 CD's so that I have some music to listen to while I run in Texas, since I won't have my running buddy with me! The front of the card says, "Live inspired, Live on your own terms, Live in the moment" I cried when I read those words. Because I feel that I am living all of those things. And a stupid label with numbers is not going to hold me back.

Thank you Bethany! You have no idea how much that card means to me.

1 comment:

Bld424 said...

This made me cry a little.

I understand your heart, even if I never had a W on a tag. I spent so much of my life restricted by a number and I realize that even though I was thin during those times, I was exhausted and plauged by that number and I DID NOT enjoy my life.

I am proud that you are doing something that makes you feel proud everyday. This makes me want to follow suit, too.