Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday

How did WiW start?

I was inspired by several things. One was my friend Chrissy, she has Measure Me Mondays, I really enjoy reading about her ups and downs and plateaus. It really makes me feel that I am not the only one that struggles in losing weight. The other inspiration is being on Facebook. I went to high school in Texas and since I don't live there anymore I don't run into people that new me back when. But now being on FB I have gotten in touch by so many of my classmates, and with our 20 years class reunion coming up in a year I have gotten very motivated. (Yes I am that old) I have encouraged my best friend to do this with me. So on Wednesdays we get on FB and chat online about how we did or didn't do. We started about a month ago and I have offically lost 5lbs. I have 16lbs. to go. We are meeting at my brothers wedding in November and we plan on celebrating! By having our husbands buy us something. I am thinking earrings. When I reach my goal in November I still have a long way to go to be at my goal weight, but the "experts" say make small goals that you can reach and you will be more successful.

So you are probably wondering what are you doing to lose the weight? Well, I have been exercising, not as regular as I want to but I have been doing it. I have been doing the Firm DVD's they kick it. I really enjoy the weight training and hate cardio. The eating part is the hardest for me. I know what I should and shouldn't eat, but come on like I am never going to have chocolate chip cookies or pizza? I know moderation but that is very hard for me and always will be.

I plan on posting every Wednesday my progress or lack of. If y'all have any suggestions or ideas for a future post let me know.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Suggestions...I would say don't start posting your weight loss journey online, but it's too late for that...lol! ;o)

Bld424 said...

Good luck on the FIRM! Its the only DVD set that really exhausts me and shows results. (but I haven't done the SHRED by Jillian yet).