Friday, August 21, 2009

A first in our marriage.

For the first time since we have been married Jim is not coaching football. It is kind of weird. No camp, no afterschool practices, no friday night games(that I am required to go to), and no after game get together. I would love to say that I wish he was coaching but I am glad he isn't. Jim never brings home his "cop" work, but football he brought it home everyday. He took the loses so hard and his mood lasted all weekend or until the Rams played. I do enjoy football, but football here is so different than the football I grew up with. I just don't feel the excitement when the players come out and when they play. I do hope the St James Tigers do well this year. I am sure that I will be attending a couple of games, but one difference is that when the game is over it is over.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea! I hear ya there...I will be glad some day when we can stop living and breathing basketball as a coaching family and just enjoy our kids and whatever activities they decide to participate in! :0) I hope you have a TERRIFIC Football Season - and maybe we can hit the same game this year - because you know I only go to one a year! :0)

Chrissy said...

I understand. Good for Jim.

Tina said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!
AND WE WILL MISS THE PARTY @ HOMECOMING - and you know I could have gotten Bailee a shirt to match the boys ;0)
But I am glad your house is a little less stressful!!!!!