Sunday, August 30, 2009

It just gets to me...

I love music! I enjoy singing, even though I am bad at it. Music can put me in such a great mood. I wish I could write music I think it is an amazing talent for those who can. However, there are a handful of songs that when I hear them I break down and cry. And I am talking about the ugly cry! There are two songs that every church sings, 'How Great Thou Art' and 'Amazing Grace' everytime I hear these songs I have an ugly cry moment. One of these songs was played at my Dad's funeral, and hearing it just takes me back to a day I would like to forget. And my Grandmother said that it will be played at her funeral when she passes. Another day I am not looking forward to.


So today at church I read the bullentin and saw the song 'How Great Thou Art' I sat there thinking I can do this. I can sit here and sing this song and not shed a tear. Then it happened...a flood of memories of that day in July. I started to tear up so I left. Jim wasn't with me so I was able to make my escape and I got Bailee and came home. As I drove home I thought about all the great times my Dad and I had. Which made my tears go away. I hope that one day I can set through church and listen to these songs that I do enjoy without crying.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I have songs like that, too.

Tina said...

:)

Bld424 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bld424 said...

Oh, I also cry to "old rugged cross" and "thank you Lord" because they remind me of deceased family members. I think many people have the same emotions triggered by music.