Monday, February 8, 2010

A Cure for the Winter Blues

Yes, I have the Winter Blues.

I am tired of the wet, sloppy, muddy ground.
I am tired of the being cold.
I am tired of putting on jackets. (Really hate adding on extra bulk to my bulk that I already have)
I am tired of not seeing the sun.
I am tired of not seeing green grass.
I am tired of it being dark at 5-6.
I am tired of being tired.


I really don't like feeling this way. I am a happy person, but when it comes to this time of year, I am not a person you want to be around. The only thing that is getting me up in the mornings is my running partner Chrissy. (Really proud that I was able to link her page, that is a first for me)

I do want to let y'all know how much Chrissy has helped me over the past month. (I can't believe that it has been a month) I am dealing with a lot of pain in my calves. I don't have shin splits, but my muscles hurt so bad that I feel that they are going to explode during my run. And even though I am struggling I keep going, because of her. When we are running I look over at her and think she is doing a great job, looks like she has been doing this forever. She looks confident, and that she is enjoying it. I want to feel and look like that. I know that she can go a lot faster than what I am going, and even though I tell her if she needs to go faster to go, she doesn't. She is staying by my side. I can't tell you how that encourages me. Knowing that she is staying by my side makes me want to not give up on me or on her. And if she does want to go ahead of me, she can count on me cheering for her and yelling at her not to stop.

Chrissy, I hope that when the day of the race comes that I will be able to keep up with you and if not I am not going to give up because I know that you will be there waiting for me at the finish line.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'll be right by your side the entire time! :o)

Jess said...

Great post! I wish I had someone I could exercise with like you and Chrissy are.

I'm not thrilled about all the mud and slush either. I love the snow, but I keep looking outside and thinking, Man it's going to be so nasty when all this melts.