Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Workout So Far

After taking off Saturday and Sunday, Chrissy and I went running Monday and only got through 2 laps, I was hurting so much that I so wanted to give up on this insane idea of running in a 5K. I have been really struggling with the pain in my calves when I am running. I have researched, talked and watched video about my problem. And everything that I read said that I needed to stretch more. Well I don't like to stretch, so in the mornings I would stretch about 2-3 minutes. (Obviously not enough time)

We decided that we would run on Tuesday in the afternoon, which I was really happy about because that meant I could sleep until 6:30! So I went on with my day as normal. Work a little, Weight Watchers meeting(weigh in was not good), work some more and then home. So around 3:30ish I get a text asking if I really wanted to go? I really did, but I am so tired of the cold and wind that it makes me really not want to go out. But I did! I decided that I would do two laps before Chrissy could come out. So when I was done with the two laps I went to Chrissy's house to wait and while I was there I stretched for like a good 5 maybe 10 minutes. And man I felt like a new woman! I had NO PAIN in my calves. I was so happy and excited. Being able to run with no pain is wonderful. I now need to concentrate on getting my endurance up!

While running the famous "running neighbor" was out running and he talked to us. I think he was really excited to see us out there, and we were excited to run with him. Even though he mention about his brother or brother in-law that started running at the age of 50ish and died because he had clogged arteries. Just a FYI: If I do die while or because I am running please don't say 'told you so'. I am proud that I am getting out there and at least doing it and if I do pass at least I was trying to be healthier.

Anyways it was such a fantastic feeling, I just had to share!

No comments: