Saturday, November 21, 2009

What it must be like?

So today Bailee and I went to a birthday party. And some of the mother's talked about getting pregnant. I have always wonder what it would feel like to have your child inside of you. I believe that being pregnant is a beautiful thing. I have never touched a pregnant belly before. And to be honest I don't want to, because I don't think I could emotionally handle it.

The 'experts' say if woman with PCOS would lose weight and get as close to there ideal weight ovulation is more likely to occur. Not that in the past I hadn't tried, but with the cost of infertility treatments and the stress that I was under weight never came off. I figured the stress level is down because we have Bailee and for the most part we have accepted that our family is complete. But we always talk about how great it would be to have another baby. So if I ended up pregnant it would be absolutely amazing. But if it didn't happen I would be okay.

I also find it fascinating that women are 10 years younger than me with kids older than Bailee. And I wonder what it must be like to be 20 something and knowing your family is complete. And that you have so many wonderful years ahead of you. When Bailee graduates from high school I will in my mid 50's, scary. And I really don't think 50ish is old, but it is still 50. I am not saying that I would changed how my life has turned out, but I wonder what kind of mother I would be if I was younger.







5 comments:

Bld424 said...

Here is a miracle I think you can appreciate, my best friend Ann has PCOS. The doctor told her she actually had never ovulated one day in her life. She was so shocked to be 26 and hear this for the first time! They said she should try Clomid (for ovulation). She did, and nothing changed. She was praying hard about being content and finding herself as the woman God wanted her to be, knowing that it would be childless. Then she got pregnant with tiwns. She is still pregnant, and we're praying hard that the babies live and are full term! So, she knows just what you mean. She often calls me and cries because she never thought it would be possible.

Also, my cousin Katherine has similar issues. She is in her 30s now and has one young daughter. She sees women conceive and deliver all the time, but her health problems hurt her fertility. She grieves the loss of a big family.

Kim, sometime could you write about what other women could do to encourage you when you feel blue about this? Or what we could do to help other women with fertility issues? I would really trust your opinion.

Chrissy said...

I'm sorry, Kim.

kimberly said...

I really don't know what others could do to help women dealing with infertility. When I was going threw IVF and other procedures I wished I had had someone that I really could have talked to about it. I would talk to my mom but she would get things mixed up and that would just frustrate me even more. So for me, just be there and ask questions. I so didn't want to hear just relax it will happen or God has a plan. Even though he might have a plan for you and your family you just don't understand why God would do this to me. Especially when you see and hear stories about children being abused or unwanted. It is just so different for everyone. I hope that helps. And Chrissy-Please don't be sorry. There is nothing to be sorry about. I didn't write this to get pity, I just wonder sometimes. And maybe it will happen.

Chrissy said...

I just meant that I should be more sensitive when I talk about having kids.

Jaimee said...

Kim - I actually worked in an OB office for 4 years or so and actually did see many women with PCOS struggle. So anytime you need someone to vent to or talk to that will actually understand what you are talking about I am here for you. The cool thing is that I saw alot of them get pregnant, usually when they least expected it. I know weight loss does help, so stick with it. I had a very good friend go through PCOS struggles. She went 7 years between her boys because of it. Anyway, I will definately be praying for you guys. And remember, Bailee has an awesome set of parents!