Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WiW

Okay I know that I have not posted anything in a couple of weeks. I had some computer issues and then other stuff. Anyways, I wish I had something positive to report but I don't I gain about 5 lbs. in the past couple of days. Yes days! I am pretty upset about it.

But Jim and I watched the Biggest Loser last night and there is a woman who lost her husband and both of her kids, one of them was 2 or 3 weeks old. I sat there and thought this woman Abby, has incredible strength, even though she gain weight she still got out of bed every morning and didn't give up on life. I thought what would I do if today Jim and Bailee were taken from me? Would I be able to get up or just curl up and do nothing. And then I realized I am doing nothing! I haven't suffered the lose of my whole family, so why am I still doing nothing. A couple of months ago I watched a info-mercial on the FIRM Wave. I borrowed the exercise videos my neighbor had that were the FIRM exercise program and really enjoyed them, however doing an hour of cardio I didn't like. I did see results. The Wave is different more like step aerobics. So I saved up for it and I ordered it! Which for me to buy something for myself is very rare. It came in last week. I went over the workout calendar and decided that starting Sunday would be the best day to start. And I did! I used to be a 4 or 5 in the morning person as long as I was going to work not working out. But I am happy to report that I have been sticking with the workout calendar. I have enjoyed getting up early, after I workout I get my pink cup of ice water and watch the sun come up. Side note: If you haven't watched the sun come up lately it is a beautiful thing!

So if you walk by my house at 5 in the morning on S,M,W,TH,F you will see the fat girl not doing nothing.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Abby's story stood out of course...but the thing that stood out to me last night was the 29-year-old guy named Sean (I think)...red team. He didn't know he had Type 2 Diabetes, and he broke down crying...saying..."I can't believe I've been so selfish...to think I HAD to eat those cheeseburgers..."

Typing it out and reading it isn't the same as seeing his sincerity. I hope you know the part I'm talking about! ;o) Anyway, it has just stuck in my head. You know how I joke about going to McDonald's...but hearing him say that made me realize I've been very selfish.

Bld424 said...

I would love to hear how you are doing with the FIRM. I saw huge results back when I did a video version about six years ago... but then my knee started to hurt from all the up and downs on the step.

I think you are awesome for getting up so early. What time do you have to go to bed to get up so early?? Or do you take a nap?

kimberly said...

Thanks Bethany! I haven't seen the scale budge but I did take measurements when I started and I checked yesterday and it looks like I lost an inch in my waist, hips and bust. I really enjoy the wave firm it is more like step aerobics. Except for last night I usually go to bed around 10 or 11. Honestly I try to be in bed by 10 but I can't sleep. And I have felt well rested, and no I don't take naps except on Sundays.