Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mirror Mirror

The other day a friend and I were walking and this lady drove by, we pulled to the side since we had the kids with us and watched her pass us. I looked at the woman's face, she was frowning I asked my friend who by the way knows everyone in this town, is that her normal facial expression? She said, "Yeah". I was like how sad, to think that this poor woman goes through life with a frown on her face. So last night while I couldn't sleep I was thinking how do people perceive me? And how do I want people to remember me when I am gone? And what can I do to make sure that people see me as I see myself? I know big questions for 2 in the morning. As I layed there with my thoughts I realized the only person I need to asnwer to is God.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Interesting...I try to smile at people when I drive by, even if I don't feel like it! ;o)

Ashley said...

That is hilarious Kim! Funny how things effect different people - I never gave her another thought after we saw her that day! Even today when you said you had written the post I didn't think of it being her! But...you're totally right, I try to be positive and happy (although somehow you totally know all the time...) even when I'm not, but really all we have to "even up with" is God.

Unknown said...

You make me laugh every time I talk to you! So needless to say, you will always bring a smile to my face :)