Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ashley Redburn

When I go to work I take Bailee to Ashley Redburn's house. She was the first person, besides family, that I had told about us adopting a child and had asked her if she knew anyone that babysits. She said that she might be interested in doing it? I was totally ecstatic! I knew Ashley through church, we started sitting next to her family when Jim and I started going to First Baptist. I knew that she was a terrific mother and would love my child. So Bailee has been going to Ashley's since she was 4 weeks old. Not only does a terrific job with all the kids she babysits she is also a terrific mom. She always makes sure that her kids get attention while keeping her eyes on 4 other kids. I don't usually have to be at work at a certain time, so I usually stay and chit chat with Ashley. We have some of the most interesting conversations, from what we did that weekend to our views about religion, raising kids, and men. I usually kiss Bailee goodbye, drive off and pray that Ashley has a good day with all the kids.

Ashley not only Bailee's babysitter, she has become a true friend. I love her kids, and her whole family,even Lincoln. I know that if I just need to say something to get off my chest I can say it to her and she won't take offense to it. She might not agree with me, but she respects my opinion. She has taught me so much. Ashley has decided to stop babysitting, which I totally understand her reasons. Even though I give her a hard time about it. I won't be knocking on her door every morning, but we are friends and that we will still hang out.

I just want to thank you for watching Bailee for us. I am truely blessed to have gotten to know you better and to call you friend.

P.S.-I know that I couldn't have said all of this to your face because you wouldn't have understood a word I said, due to all the crying.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are SO SWEET! My goodness, I don't quite think I live up to all of that, but I appreciate it more than you can imagine! I think of you as a great friend as well and we WILL continue our friendship after May! :0)

Nel said...

We have been so lucky to have her babysit our girls haven't we? She is an amazing person and we are blessed to have her in our lives, aren't we?!?!?!