Tuesday, June 22, 2010

After the Race

So last week, after the race I ran everyday. I ran/jog at least a mile. I took off Saturday and Sunday, Monday came and I got up at my normal time, but I didn't run. All day I felt bad! I felt huge, lazy, insecure, and ugly. So this morning Jake, our dog had to go out at 4:45 this morning, so I let him out and after doing my routine (turning on the computer, checking email, facebook and blogs) I decided that I have to run! No matter what! So I ran my mile. I could so tell that taking an extra day off is not good. While I was running I was thinking, Kim really a half marathon? You are not going to do that! Stop kidding yourself. I have lost my fire. I am hoping that even though I am not fired up, that by running at least a mile each week day I can regain my spark. I hate that I lose interest or start thinking negatively about myself.

On a lighter note, Bailee is turning two! I can't believe it. When you ask her how old is she going to be? She says 2 and tries to get her fingers to show two. I am not having a party for her, I know shocking. Jim and I talked and decided that since we are going to the Lake for 4 days, we can celebrate it there. We plan on taking her to the Waterpark and Miner Mikes (not 100% sure if it age appropriate but we are going to try) We just think that even though every birthday is a huge milestone, we don't have to have a huge party this year. I am truly looking forward to our trip to the lake and spending time with all the people I love. And just getting out of this town!

No comments: