Sunday, April 5, 2009

Texas

Some of y'all might know that I am from the great state of Texas. Here are a few things that I miss:
-hearing George Strait every hour on the radio
-going to Gruene
-going to my Grandparents farm-aka: the country
-going to lunch with Nanny
-going to the rodeo
-the bluebonnets on the side of the road
-picking pecans out of Nanny's yard
-Mexican Food
-my church
-going to Schilliterbahn
-having a tan in the winter
-deer season family reunion
-floating the river
-heat
-the Cotton Eye Joe
-Spurs-the basketball team
-listening to family talk about the old days or about my dad
-my Uncle Al's bar-b-que
-playing horse with Kyle and Brien
-shopping with my mom
-celebrating all holidays with my family
-going out with Michelle and Jon

I am sure that I could be here all night thinking of things I miss these are just a few.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, I seriously don't even know what some of those things are...but oddly enough one of the other bridesmaids in the wedding this weekend was from TX and she was telling how it's some tradition to get your kids pictures taken in their Easter outfits in the flowers that you mentioned! I thought of you when she was telling me that story and was going to ask you about it tomorrow!

kimberly said...

Yep, every year around Easter people sit in a Bluebonnet patch and take pictures. I am homesick and wish that I could have taken Bailee to get her pictures taken.

Anonymous said...

Kim not many bluebonnets this year but there are a lot of buttercups that Bailee would look beautiful sitting in. Pictures on the way of Bailee in tulips.

mom