Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Inspiration


I often wonder what inspires people to volunteer or to get behind a cause? My inspiration has come from a 9 year old boy. He inspires me to live each and everyday. When I get down and feel sorry for myself I think of him and his mom. You see he has Brain Cancer to be exact he has Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. There is no cure.


His mom and I have been the best of friends since elementary school. She and I have been though a lot together. Falls (lol), Loss of Parent, Marriages, Divorce, Children, but not in a million years did we ever think this would happen.


Last month I signed up for Send Love Today. It is an orginaztion that sends cards to children and adults with Brain Cancer. I am also lucky to have a friend, Ashley, to give me ideas and some supplies to make this happen. I know that it is not much, but who doesn't love to get a card in the mail, better than a bill. If you would like to know more about Hunter or any of the other kids or to join Send Love Today please go to http://www.caringbridge.org or www.sendlovetoday.blogspot.com


I would love to hear what inspires you?

No comments: