Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day

I have watied a long time to celebrate my first Mother's day. I am honored to be Bailee's mom. But I am reminded of years past.

After a couple of years of marriage, you are going to get the question, When are y'all going to start having a family? When you struggle with infertility you learn to fight back the tears, put on a fake smile and say we are trying. Every year Mother's Day was a reminder that another year has passed and you have failed. In years past Jim and I would go to church and watch all the mom's and dad's get up and have their children dedicated. I would make it half way threw the ceremony and have to excuse myself. I just couldn't understand why not us. Now this year it is us and I am go excited and overjoyed. But I am reminded that there are a lot of wanna-be moms out there, that will be struggling on Sunday. I pray that they have courage and faith.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I called Jan today. It's you, me, and Tina! Or should I say...Bailee, Gabriel, and Owen! :o)

kimberly said...

Chrissy-I was going to give Jan a call today to make sure she was on the list, so thanks.

Bld424 said...

Kim, I've always hated Mother's Day ceremonies at church. First it was just for feeling out of place, and then it was for wanting a baby, but not having one. It seems that they are so emotional at a church, too, not just like a Happy Mom's dad commercial.

I think you will always be more sensetive and caring to moms or non-moms in your life because of your personal experiences. You can be such an ecouragement to others!

Love
Bethany

mom said...

Kim I am so proud of you and Jim for being such great parents to Bailee. I wish I could be there this Sunday, But I will be there in spirit and I will be thinking about you and Bailee. There should be only happy tears this year. I love you