Monday, December 29, 2008

Back From Texas

Well we finally made it back from Texas this morning. We all had a terrific time visiting with my family and friends. Everyone met Bailee and thought she was perfect, which I believe she is, but I am getting concern that it might all go to her head. I don't know if I was with her so much over the last week but she has really grown. She is outgrown the 3-6 month clothes and has discovered her tongue.
We decided to take a train to Texas. The trip was 24 hours. I enjoyed the experience but the customer service on the way to Texas was awful, but coming home they were a little bit nicer. We had a sleeping car, which is basically a 7'X5' room. It had two seats that converted into a bed and a bunk on top. Bailee and I slept together and Jim slept up top. I have never liked the idea sleeping in the same bed with a baby, I just don't trust myself. I am afraid that I would roll over or kick her, so I didn't sleep very well. So on the way to Texas Jim and I went to the dining car, I was holding Bailee and yes my biggest fear came true, I fell. When you go between cars there are two doors that you have to press a button to open each car and while I was pressing the button to the second door I was standing were the two cars are joined. Needless to say my foot went in opposite directions and I was trying so hard to keep upright and keep Bailee as close to me. But I twisted my knee and landed on them, Bailee fell forward a little, scaring her and me more than anything. We are all okay but I was so upset that we went back to the car and I cried a little. The time on the train went by pretty fast, Jim read to me and we took naps. Jim and I don't know if we would take the train again, but I am glad that I got to experience it.
We got back home around 9:30 this morning and I washed all of our clothes, unpacked and took a long restful nap. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe New Year.

No comments: