Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just my opinion

I was watching a show on adoption. It was about a single mother and another couple going to Russia to adopt baby girls. The wife of the couple made a comment that ticked me off. The couple is from Florida and both blonde. She said that she didn't want to invest 15 years of her life to have this little girl and all this money to have the girl say you are not my parents and I am leaving to go find mine. I don't believe that they are going to tell her she is adopted. I understand that it is up to the parent to tell if there child is adopted or not. I think if you decide to not tell the child it shouldn't be for your own selfish reasons. She also hoped that the baby was blonde so that she would fit in with the family. Okay when has hair color ever defined a family. I understand that people out there want to look like the "All-American" family, but I feel that doesn't exist anymore. I think the way families are now, has helped us as a society become more understanding and compassionate of people different than ourselves.

No comments: