Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bonds

So for the first time since Bailee's birth we saw her birth parents, James and Jessica. I was nervous not that she would run off with her, but if she would be upset and have regrets. Jessica was wonderful she didn't hold her at first she just looked at her and played pic-a-boo and asked questions. Then she finally asked to hold her and while she held her, I was thinking many things but one was what a courageous thing she is doing right now. Bailee snuggled in her lap and I thought does Bailee know? Do they feel a bond with each other? I would be lying if I said it didn't feel a little weird or hurt. But then as I was sitting across the room from them, Bailee looked at me and smiled and that is when I knew. I knew that I am Bailee's mom and she will only know me as her mom. I might have not given birth to Bailee but at that moment I have never felt closer to her.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That's awesome Kim. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must have been. You're stronger and braver than I am! What a sweet moment to have recorded in your mind.