Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Best Mother's Day Gift

I know that my husband is not great at getting me gifts and I have accepted that. And I know that this Mother's Day we don't have any money to go get me anything and that is fine. So today when I went to pick up Bailee from the babysitter I was so surprised to receive this. It brought me to tears. You see you can't buy this at a store, so in my eyes it is the best gift ever!

In case you can't read the poem it says:


Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing
I'll be grown up some day
But all these tiny fingerprints
Will surely fade away.

So here is a final fingerprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

2 comments:

Nel said...

So sweet!!!

thechattymommy said...

That is so beautiful and anything you could of gotten from anyone else would of paled in comparison.
My husband came to church with me and the kids and he hasn't in years. It wasn't a store bought item- but it was even better!

Incidentally, are you the one who wrote about your husband not liking the female ice skating in the olympics- that story cracked me up for days!

www.thechattymommy.blogspot.com